Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chocolate...Caramel...Pretzels...oh my!

Look at her. She's stunning. Like, you might have to sit down, stunning.

Go ahead. I'll wait for you.

Let's talk about her for a minute.

She's a chocolate fudge cupcake topped with salted caramel butter cream frosting.

And then I went crazy.

I took a 'hungry size' bag of pretzels, (brought home by Mr. Kate's BakeShop after I sent him a desperate, "I need pretzels" text), dumped them into a Ziploc bag and bashed the heck out of them with a rolling pin.

Once they were in little, salty, tiny, baby pieces I sprinkled them on top of the salted caramel butter cream frosting (which is my new FAVORITE frosting!).

And then, Lord help me, I drizzled each cupcake with chocolate ganache and salted caramel.

I did. And I don't apologize for it.

I just hope they were as delicious as they looked! Any Banner taste testers care to weigh in?

Next up was the Eclair cupcake.

And I made those too. But I don't have pictures for you...yet.

It's one of those days.

It's almost 2 pm here in the g-toe and I'm sitting in my workout gear, hat in tact to hide the hideous 'do, updating my blog before I've showered.

Hey, at least I worked out. I needed it after the four Oreos I ate earlier today.

I know, it's disturbing, but it's the truth.

Believe me, I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow Thursday snuck up behind me and pulled my hair! Honestly, all morning long I thought it was Wednesday!

It wasn't until I realized that my BS ladies are coming over tonight that it dawned on me that I hadn't updated this little bloggy spot.

I'm sorry for the delay.

So, even though I have pictures, blurry, camera-phone pictures, of ONE of the two types of cuppies I made this week, you'll have to be patient and wait for pics of the eclair's.

I need someone to come home and take a bite out of the one I saved for you so that I can show you a 'this is what the inside of this baby looks like' picture.

While you're waiting, have yourself a bowl of ice cream or a handful of Oreos.

I'm going to.

And because you're being so patient. Here's another look at our friend, the naughty little minx.

0 comments:

Post a Comment