Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let the baking and blogging begin!

Welcome to my bakespot!

You and I will be friends. Virtual, peeping Tom kind of friends. You will spy on my baked confections and I will probably never know you're there. It will be like your little secret!

Oh no, that sounded more creepy than endearing.

Come back anyway, and stalk, stalk away.

But don't come hungry.

Because I plan to post pictures of chocolate, or caramel, or vanilla cream, or just maybe, a combination of those delightful flavors! Gasp! Would I be so sneaky and tempting?

Why yes, yes I would!

And I won't feel bad about it.

And neither should you.

Let's start, shall we?

This weekend I baked what were supposed to be lemon blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Instead I got blueberry MUFFINS with a lemon glaze.

Allow me to enlighten you to the mishaps that created that delicious duo!

Two lemons (one that's seen better days!) do not produce the juice you would hope them to in order to create 24 cuppy cakes! Unless you're going for more of a hint-of-lemon flavor. I was not.

Blueberries, in their very nature are a tart little fruit. Tart. Not sweet; at least not the berry buddies I had in my possession. Not sweet.

Thus, my cupcakes were overcome with a distinctively tart flavor. Very un-cupcake-like!

No worries.

Muffins.

Voila! Problem solved.

Because what is a muffin but a bald cupcake, after all?

Am I right?

Of course I am.

So, since I had the lemons, all lemony and ready to go, I improvised. It's what I do.

1/3 cup lemon juice, a cup or so (I don't know I just dumped, it's what I do!) powdered sugar, whisk, whisk, whisk... and you've got yourself a glaze people. A sweetly tart, lemony glaze.

Delicious!

Sadly, no photo-pictures of these. They were immediately packed up and sent to work with Mr. Kate's BakeShop. Shout out to the Banner Taste Testers!!

No fear, I baked on.

I made this loaf of Cinnamon Roll Raisin Bread.


Do you like cinnamon rolls?

Do you like raisin bread?

I combined them!




And yes, it's that good!

Let me know if you'd like the recipe. It's a bit too wordy to list here, but I'd be happy to share.

Bake on bakers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment