Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the battle begin!

I had so much fun watching the poll last week! It was drama and intrigue, mystery and suspense.

Ok, it wasn't really all of those things, but I'm unemployed, I need a little excitement in my life!

It was fun to see the battle between the two top favorites.

I did feel bad for Butterscotch Bliss though, so unloved!

Don't worry, she'll be back on the list and at some point you're going to have to vote for her!!

That being said, I'm so glad you picked the Orange Vanilla cupcakes this week. It was a little slice of summer in my kitchen. Delicious!

And now that they're completed (pics up tomorrow morning - come back!) we have to pick a new flavor for next week.

What do you think? What looks good to you? What would you like to make? Or even, which one of these do you think will cause me the most trouble, resulting in a whining, crying, laughing post?

That's the beauty of this - it's your choice! Here is a breakdown of the options. You can check it out and then head over to the poll you see on the left and vote.

Here we go.

The Contenders:

  1. Chocolate Pecan Cupcakes: Chocolate cupcake, caramel pecan filling, chocolate butter cream frosting, caramel drizzle, edged in chopped pecans.
  2. Caramel Tres Leche Cupcake: Airy sponge caked soaked with three milks, creamy caramel and just a hint of rum! Topped with caramel butter cream frosting and a cherry!
  3. Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcake: Chocolate cupcake, vanilla marshmallow filling, peanut butter cream frosting, Oreo cookie crumbles.

Yes, I know. I have an unhealthy obsession with peanut butter.

It won't be the last time you see it on the list.

Get used to it.

Oh, and feel free to make suggestions. I'm still a few flavors short of 52 and I really don't want to have to get creative.

No one wants to see a cupcake made out of Thanksgiving leftovers.

And thanks to those of you who have already made suggestions - they're on the list!

Ok, head on up to that poll and cast your vote.

The polls will close on Sunday night, around 6 pm...or whenever I remember to log back on and take it down. :)

Happy Baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment